Wednesday, May 30, 2007

picking up the pieces

So I've been back in America for a week now. I can't believe that I was really in Europe. Sad to say but it really wasn't as exciting as I thought it would've been. I guess that saying is true, that it's better to have no expectations and not be disappointed, than to have expectations and be disappointed. I thought that it was going to be soo amazing and soo grand, which it kind of was, but not as much as I thought it would be. My favorite place was definitely Belgium...chocolates, waffles!! Simply amazing. :) Paris was pretty grand too, I must admit. I think I should be a little more positive and appreciative that I had the opportunity to go to Europe. Not everyone gets that chance. It was amazing though, to be in Europe and to say that *I've been there!*

Being home has been great, hot, sunny & sweaty. I always feel a little more at ease coming home to familiar faces, hugs & ono grindz. :) I still don't know whether I wanna come back home after graduation, or stay in Oregon. And then there's Japan...I'm still planning to apply for the JET program. We'll see though...we'll see where God leads me. :)

I'm pretty excited for the summer..it'll be relaxing, besides the fact that I have to have eye surgery next Thursday. I'm not really looking forward to it..I really can't stand pain. The recovery's gonna be about a month, so I won't be able to do much..since I won't be able to open my eyes. Pray that the surgery and recovery go well. :)

I have this great feeling that God's gonna do amazing things this summer, and I'm so excited! I'm grateful for my friends! :)

Off to cook now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really want to go to Belgium for the same reasons! CHOCOLATE! WAFFLES! And I think I would really enjoy the architecture!

Anyway, are you still in Hawaii? I'm sad that we weren't able to do anything during the summer. Oh well!