Monday, June 4, 2007

God's beauty


The flowers in Holland were so beautiful!! Even though it was raining that day, it was still so amazing to see God's beauty. I love flowers!

I feel like I forget to thank God for his beautiful creation. I think that I take it for granted a lot. I saw so many amazing views in Europe. God's beauty is all around me. And yet I seem to forget that somehow.

Going to hospital ministry yesterday kinda eased my anxiety & nervousness about my surgery. Their's something powerful about singing praises to God for patients in the hospital. I felt some kind of a connection with the patients, because I know what it's like to be in pain and in need of comfort.

My surgery's in 3 days...I'm still a little bit nervous. I really really want to be at peace the day of my surgery, as they prep me & give me the anesthetic. I hate needles and the last time I had the anesthetic, it hurt. I'm starting to worry about the little details, but I need to give them to God. I know that He has his hand on me, I need to just give it all to Him. I always find that I'm closest to God when I'm at my lowest point or in desperate need of Him. I want to always be in need of him.

"Cause when I'm weak He makes me strong
When I'm blind He shines His light on me
Cause I'll never get by livin on my own abilities
But by the power of Christ in me"
-Casting Crowns-

2 comments:

ryan said...

you are very brave. i will be praying for courage, peace, wisdom, and quick healing for you.

you should get some books on tape/cd from the library for your recovery time.

grace and peace, lady.

Anonymous said...

I love tulips...