Wednesday, April 9, 2008

change of my plans?

So I found out that I'm an alternate for the JET program. At first I was disappointed, and I guess I still am. I got my hopes up about it and everyone was excited for me. I was pretty confident about it, but still that unknown-ness of it all was still up in the air. And the question still lingered as to whether or not it's a part of God's plan or my plan? I still don't know the answer to that and a friend reminded me something important today....that it's the beauty of life...the not knowing part of what God's will is.

After getting the email about it, it really sucked. I questioned why my hopes for it were so high and I wondered how this greatly affects my future job decision making/search. I guess I did have my doubts about the JET and I was apprehensive about even applying and trying for it. But then I thought, why not? I won't have any real job commitments yet, it'd be a great opportunity to teach in another country, travel and explore. But maybe God has other plans for me that are far greater...possibly. I'm just going to see what God has in store for me.

The exciting news is that I have a job teaching summer school! It is seriously a blessing and I'm super excited and grateful for my first teaching opportunity as the TEACHER, not student teacher! woohoo!

So through all of this up and down, exciting and somewhat depressing news, I am content. I know that God has his hand in all of this and is guiding me. I'm just trusting....'moment by moment, day after day'...

No comments: