Thursday, April 17, 2008

a bittersweet time

9 days until graduation!!!

I'm sooo unbelievably excited to graduate and can't believe this day is finally coming!!! The past 4 years have been full of growth, real friendships, laughter, breakdowns, challenges, pain, frosty's from Wendy's, studying, sleeping, partying, watching movies, flutes, prayer, tears, meaningful conversations, dancing hula, swinging in the rain, three shades, worship, crazy roommates, music, walking dates, star-gazing, hawaii dinners love, hugs and the list goes on....boys...

I don't think their is anything I really regret except for maybe one thing, but through all of these experiences I have learned soo much and grown soo much! So in the end I wouldn't trade any of it for anything else. Even the heartbreaks and breakdowns...I don't regret them. Because now I look back and see how God brought me through it all and I wouldn't be where I am today if I didn't go through those experiences.

So this is a bittersweet time because it's the close of my college career. I'll be getting my degree and everything that comes with the title. But I'm leaving behind so many memories and so many amazing friends that I dearly love with all my heart (not as much as Jesus). I never knew I could find such amazing people, and this community of fellowship. I have been blessed more than I ever expected through my friends, professors and others.

It's so hard to say goodbye, but I know that it is time to say goodbye...to this community. I've been molded and am still being molded by this community of believers and I feel prepared for the world that lies before me. God has given me desires to serve, whether it be in the US or in another country. I'm excited to see what he has in store for me and to be able to love on others as I have been loved here.

Yet, it's so hard to say goodbye to the ones who have loved me and I them. I'm grateful for the times we've had together and I wish we never have to part. But I also know that someday we will be together again and I can't wait for that day! :)

No comments: