Friday, July 6, 2007

Beautiful in the eyes of Jesus

What does it mean to be beautiful? I've been thinking about this question since I've been reading Captivating again. As I was talking with a friend about it, it was hard for me to think of one person that I think is beautiful. I hated to admit it but my idea of being beautiful was the physical, outward appearance of beauty. I've never thought of beauty being inward because our culture puts so much value on our outward beauty.

I'm learning to see beauty through the eyes of God. He's been teaching me that beauty comes from inside and radiates from the inside out. That makes me think of that song "From the inside out." Just as my love for Jesus comes 'from the inside out' so does my beauty; apparently. It's still somewhat hard for me to feel that I am beautiful.

The great thing though: Jesus thinks I'm beautiful. And to me, that's really the only thing that matters.

"You are beautiful in the eyes of the one who made you"

1 comment:

Mandipants said...

girl - I love your blog =)