Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Vulnerable but blessed

So I've been re-reading "Captivating" for the past week and God has been revealing much and speaking many words to me. So I just read how as women, I have feelings of vulnerability. I looked up the definition of this word and got this: capable of being physically or emotionally wounded.

It seems like a lot of women are really vulnerable...and I think it's because we are already wounded. This is crazy to think that so many women feel this way and it already holds us back or causes us to control or dominate others. I've been learning a lot about the Garden of Eden and how all of Eve's actions have affected the role of women. The greatest thing I've learned is that I exemplify the qualities of God by being a women AND that God feels everything that I feel. Like when I'm feeling lonely or feeling like no one cares about me, that God feels that way about me. He wants and desires me to run to Him always! I don't know if this makes perfect sense to others, it's kind of hard to explain.

And then there's always God's beautiful creation reminding me of His love for me. I seriously want to get married..well, at least have my reception at the Turtle Bay Resort! I got to stay there last night with my family. It's one of the most beautiful, relaxing places ever! Besides getting sunburn today, it was so nice! So expensive, but amazing!! It was fun to play "tourist" on my own island. =)

"God gives us opportunities to do the things we ask.." from Evan Almighty. I've never really thought about that before. But I can see that being true..like when we ask him to help us be patient, He does so by providing a situation in which we are able to be patient. Sometimes I wonder if God really does laugh at us. I mean, some of the things I do, say or think are probably really ridiculous and funny to Him. I'm sure He gets a kick out of his children. But I also know that He also hurts with us. I can't express how amazing our God really is.

I'm so glad for this summer, despite the setbacks & laziness and feelings of uselessness and boredom, I know that God is working in me & teaching me many things.

"Sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvelous things..." Psalm 98:1

No comments: