Friday, February 1, 2008

Japan!

So this week has been an eventful and super exciting one!! I found out that my application to teach English in Japan through the JET program was accepted for the interview process. Then I found out that my interview is in 2 weeks, on February 14th!! That's already a busy day for me, so it's going to be even busier! My parents will be up for my concert that night. I think it's actually perfect timing that they'll be here when I have my interviews. So after my interview, I'll have to wait another 2 months to find out for sure whether I'm accepted to go. I think that I have a pretty good chance of getting in, considering I'll have a degree in Education (plus, I've had a lot of experiences teaching now!)

I'm really excited, but somewhat sad at the same time. I've developed so many friendships throughout my 4 years at Fox. I can't believe that it's my 4th year already! Time flies by soo fast! I'm both ready to be done with school but then sad to leave my friends! I feel like college graduation is a big step in life, compared to high school. Because basically I get to face the "real world" once I'm out of here. I feel prepared and confident in myself for teaching and getting a job, but I don't really want to grow up just yet. I felt so old when I was student teaching since I was around "grown-ups" all day, well and 7 year olds. It's just a different environment than being on a college campus with fun, craziness and friends!

I'm excited to see where God leads me in the next few years. Everyone's excited for me too and that makes me happy. I know that I have a ton of support. I'm a little afraid of being "homesick" while I'm in Japan. I definitely know that if I go it'll be a challenge, but I think that it'll be amazing too!

So even though I'm really excited and sad, I'm also a little bit confused. It's hard to start friendships/relationships, when I don't know if I'll see them again after graduation....kinda frustrating. But I guess I just have to trust that God knows what He's doing and that His timing is perfect....eh?

No comments: