Thursday, November 27, 2008

Give Thanks

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays and last night exemplified the reasons why I love thanksgiving so much. The top on my list of what I'm thankful for is that I get to be home for thanksgiving with my family. We usually have thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday night with our immediate family. It was a blast spending time with my family---listening to my Grandpa's childhood stories, my cousin talking nonstop, questions about these "high school relationships" that they are going through, and of course eating 'ono licious food! I was gonna take a picture of it, but decided not to.

So I decided to try and make the green bean casserole that I grew to love on the mainland. It turned out pretty good! :) The stuffing was yummy, my Mom's rolls, and my Aunty's pumpkin crunch squares were scrumptious!

Here's my mini list of what I'm thankful for...
*God's blessings despite my feelings of unworthiness
*Being home for thanksgiving this year
*Having a job--my own classroom!
*Getting paid for teaching!
*my friends--even though some are far away
*music--can't live without it
*and of course my family!

Colossians 3:15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. 17And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: